Update.
Posting this because I said I would keep updates on here.
Had a good time climbing the freeblast. Unfortunately didn’t manage to onsight it, slipping once on the 11c slab and once on the slab above. Pretty happy with onsighting the rest of the route though. I particularly enjoyed the half-dollar, which has a weird flare which eventually becomes a chimney.
At Heart ledge Tristan and I had a chat and decided to head down the following morning. I wanted to keep heading up the route but it was not possible given the circumstance.
I’ve been thinking about climbing the Freerider all year, so it’s hard to be writing this as we drive home. I’m thinking about what a long winter it will be and how long I’ll need to wait until I can go back to Yosemite. I’m not accustomed to having to give up on things. Giving up on this one has left me with a strange feeling. I like to be able to say I tried my best and gave it my all, which usually leaves me with a sense of satisfaction. Now I just feel a mix of anxiety and regret.
It was a beautiful night up on the wall though, and I feel incredibly lucky to have spent some time on the big rock.

Comments
Post a Comment